Assistant, Merchandising Men's Outlet
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. Visit Our People page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Assistant, Men's Outlet SLG's Global Merchandising
Coach's Global Merchandising Team is responsible for creating and executing merchandising strategies and forecasting processes to maximize company financial objectives. The Merchandising Assistant will manage product samples and decks with a focus in a specific category as well as support team with all merchandising initiatives.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising to...
- Manage daily Merchandising responsibilities, including building, editing, and maintaining assortment sheets; product lifestyle management process; maintaining time and action calendar to ensure timely execution of key deliverables
- Generate, analyze, and distribute all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales reports and participate in weekly business review meetings that include Senior Management
- Create and run specialized reporting as necessary
- Own style set up process- input style, color, costing, and attribute information into line planning systems (ECVision, VAT)
- Manage the sample process (i.e. maintain accurate inventory of samples, track sample lending, and coordinate sample set up for meetings)
- Support line planning and development process with an understanding of business unit needs and market
- Assist in Line Presentation prep work (i.e. Put together visual product decks, Creating VAT workbooks, and other information as necessary)
- Maintain Product Change Log
- Create Product Knowledge sheets and communicate product information to other departments. Input "Tools of the Trade" information
- Adhere to product lifecycle calendar deadlines
- Act as liaison to all facets of business including Design, Product Development, Planning, and Visual Merchandising
- Participate in competitive research and help identify trends and product opportunities for future assortments
- Strong product sensibility
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Detail oriented, organized and ability to multi-task
- Team oriented with a focus on collaboration. Displays positive attitude, a professional manner, and a willingness to assist co-workers at all levels
- Adapts to and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, or groups
- Ability to react quickly with strong sense of urgency
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Basic understanding of Retail Math
An outstanding professional will have...
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- 0-2 years' experience required with a strong interest/background in Merchandising
- Experience in luxury goods, a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, a plus
- Ability to balance Creative and Analytical tasks
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.