Assistant Merchant - Accessories/Designer
JOB TITLE:Assistant Merchant, Accessories/Designer
REPORTS TO:Senior Merchant Accessories
The Assistant Merchant is a critical member of the Lord & Taylor’s merchandising team providing timely, efficient and accurate analysis, operational and technical support that contributes positively to the overall performance of the business and the team.
· Prepare and update reports for the Merchants on a weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc basis to support the business.
· Conduct in-depth financial research and analysis to assist in decision making regarding assortment, pricing, strategy, and forecasting.
· Create, complete and manage purchase orders. Develop expert knowledge of Lord & Taylor order systems.
· Maintain merchandising office organization including sample administration, quality, and status.
· Daily communication with vendors, including tracking all submits, sample approvals and purchase order management communication. Acts as a liaison between the merchants and vendors.
· Monitor and affect inventory levels on a weekly basis and make recommendations for future sales.
· Create monthly marketing powerpoints regarding emerging trends, brands and eventing for accessories. Present presentation to Marketing.
· Assist in negotiating cost, terms, shipping, and returns with vendors. Ultimately ensure pricing recommendations are within margin objectives.
· Create, provide, and maintain seasonal style portfolio.
· Oversee proofing process of product to the site including price, layout, copy, and compliance.
· Stay current on market trends in the fashion/retail industry.
· Provide ad hoc support to Merchants and team to collaboratively achieve business goals.
· Attend market appointments with Merchant. Provide product feedback, assist in negotiations and follow-up.
· Some Assistant Merchant experience preferred.
· Fashion retail or related experience.
· Possesses up-to-date knowledge of industry trends.
· Strong organizational and prioritizing abilities.
· Acute attention to detail with strong follow-up skills.
· Expert skill in Microsoft Office Suite with particular attention to Excel.
· Excellent verbal and solid written communication skills.
· Flexible and multifunctional.
· Assertive, energetic and results driven.
· Ecommerce experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree.