Assistant Merchant (Buyer)
We are ready to hire you, coach you, enhance your knowledge and help you further your career!Immediate opening for an Assistant Merchant!What we’re all about
We are a family owned and operated company for the past four generations. When you join our team, you join our family!
We are passionate about creating memorable living environments and we consistently work on raising the bar – we hope you can reach high and dreamBIG!
We are excited to add new team members that hold our values ofRESPECT. QUALITY. GRIT. GROWTH.
is responsible for supporting the Merchant, in addition to maintaining the product life cycle (innovation, accelerated development, maturity, and decline). Assigned to specific departments teams and Department specific Merchants. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detail-oriented, as well as enjoys independent and collaborative work. This person enjoys a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and can adapt to a variety of situations with a professional attitude.
- Uphold Haynes/The Dump’s mission, vision, and values.
- Creation of all product sku numbers.
- Implementation of all product sku numbers within all data sources (POS, PIM, Websites)
- Communication for all new product launches, advertising, and current assortment modifications with store teams and any pertaining departments.
- Work with merchant manager ensuring orders are within the open to buy.
- Work Past-due orders according to vendor open order reports.
- Responsible for all managing all purchase orders, using EDI, ensure vendor receipt and acknowledgement of orders, along with managing exception reports to ensure po dates, costs and quantity are approved and accurate.
- Communicate with vendors to include collecting product specs (according to requirements).
- Procure vendor photography and follow internal photography process when not supplied by vendor or working on a special photography request.
- Refer to and uphold all vendor contracts, when placing orders.
- Support merchandising of website, store plan-o-grams and any other consumer facing merchant needs.
- Run, review and comprehend sales reports.
- Partner with Re-buyer for weekly tasks, projects and any anomalies.
- Work with logistics to expedite, modify, or push out shipments and hold vendor accountable accordingly.
- Work with receiving teams to correct overages/shortages and follow up with vendors on back orders.
- Create transfers for new product launches, one-time buys, closeouts and any special store requests.
- Maintain showroom flag status.
- Monitor unsampled levels at each store, communicate as needed.
- Work special order report, following special order process accordingly.
- Partner with visual and marketing department to develop visual collateral to support to support product launches, holidays, and ad campaigns.
- Assist with store, customer service and operation’s needs (even traveling to assist or help in person).
- Detailed oriented
- Experience working diligently with little supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take constructive criticism and adjust accordingly
- Solutions-based problem solver who maintains a positive attitude through change
- Proficiency with MS Office, with a strong focus on advanced Excel knowledge
- Proficient in math, analysis, and business software interface.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university preferred
- 1-3+ years of related work experience as assistant merchant or assistant buyer.
- Career growth & supportive leaders
- Medical (including vision), Dental, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Legal Resources Plan and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan/company contribution
- Paid time off begins within first 120 day
- Employee Discount on already great deals