Assistant Merchant / Buyer - HYBRID
At Torrid we're committed to cultivating a welcoming, inclusive and diverse culture driven by a focus on open dialogue, empowerment, recruiting, training, development and retention. We believe inclusion of diverse backgrounds and perspectives is fundamental to our success.
Supports Merchant in recognizing current trends and developing corresponding initiatives to fulfill these demands and meet business objectives. Works closely with the Merchant and Merchandise Manager and key business partners to develop and maintain close relationships with vendors and stores.
What You'll Do:
- Supports department objectives to achieve financial sales and margin targets seasonally
- Assists Merchant in performing market analysis; participates in defining and outlining organizational strengths and weaknesses, determining external opportunities and threats.
- Supports Merchant in the selection and purchase of product assortments based on trend data and customer knowledge.
- Create and maintain accurate assortment sheets and buy plans. Communicate changes to appropriate business partners on an on-going and timely basis.
- Responsible for PO creation & change management
- Provide monthly receipt reconciliation and attend and provide input to monthly Open to Buy meetings
- Facilitates strong working relationship between corresponding Merchandising teams, Planning, Allocation, Visual Merchandising, Design & Product Development.
- Responsible for meeting preparation
- Organizes and manages web samples for timely turn-ins.
- Assist in creation, maintenance, and distribute of sales tools & business recaps
- Daily website review of new activations to guarantee the accuracy of product information & timely activation
- Read customer review comments and provide feedback to merchant teams.
- Performs other job duties as needed.
- High school required, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 1-year progressive experience as an Assistant Merchant
- Knowledge of the competitive retail landscape.
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative abilities.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Illustrates a dedication to meeting the requirements of internal and external customers, responding to all customer requests promptly and thoroughly.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in a team environment, give honest, direct feedback and is a solid verbal and written communicator.
- Detail-oriented, process-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks at once; able to handle conflicting priorities
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, & can easily adjust to change
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- A culture where people are accepted and encouraged to be who they are.
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- Competitive compensation, 401k with company matching contribution, plus potential to earn company performance-based bonuses.
- Comprehensive wellness package including, medical, dental, vision, FSA and on-site, chiropractic and massage therapy services as well as fitness and yoga classes.
- Generous 50% employee discount and access to employee-only sales.
- Support the causes you’re passionate about. We pay you up to 32 hours annually for volunteering your time in the community.
- Child Care Discount at participating locations.
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Aimed at helping employees address a variety of personal and family issues including legal financial consultations, mental health services and more.
- Work and learn alongside industry leading executives while making huge strides in impacting the lives of women.
- You’ll be challenged and grow. Opportunity for upward mobility available at all levels of the organization.
Salary range: $64,480 – $68,500
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.torridcareers.com you can request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to [email protected]. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Our company participates in E-Verify. If the links below do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf