Assistant Print Designer – FP Movement Apparel
Central to this role is supporting the FP Movement Design team through the conceptualization, creation, development, and oversight of the execution of original print and pattern artwork that represents the unique style of the FP Movement customer.
- Collaborate with our trend team, design, and buying on print direction for both retail and wholesale divisions. Attend and participate in design flow meetings.
- Utilize traditional drawing, painting, and other arts & crafts techniques combined with Adobe creative suit to develop artwork, layouts, and colorways.
- Set up engineered prints in collaboration with our product development and technical designers.
- Create print layouts and provide colorways. Collaborate with color team to work off specific color palettes.
- Conduct research and create specific print designs as needed.
- Source vintage textiles and prints, as well as a digital image library for print inspiration for use and interpretation in original artwork designs.
- Keep up to date with fashion trends, especially as they apply to print and color. Incorporate trends into artwork, making sure to present fresh, brand appropriate designs.
- Update tradestone with package information and strike off approvals when needed.
- Create CADs in order to communicate placement of print designs on garments and artwork technical packages to be sent to vendors and factories.
- Maintain organized file folders utilizing established saving and naming methods so that teammates can easily access your work
- Keep office and workspace organized
- Utilize outlook and office 365 for project management / communications.
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite skils
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Artistic skills to hand render artwork
- Strong attention to details
- Organizational skills necessary to manage multiple deadline driven projects, maintain artwork libraries & seasonal palettes
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art, Textile Design or experience in apparel print design strongly preferred
- Exceptional understanding of the FP Movement Custiomer and ability to create dynamic print design for FP Movement active categories
- Ability to recognize and accurately forecast fashion and cultural trends in relation to print, art & color
- Knowledge and ability to create print repeats as final artwork, edit, color separate, recolor and match color from the seasonal palette.
- Understanding of apparel print processes and understanding of technology in the print industry.
- A professional design portfolio website, document or work samples demonstrating aesthetic. skills and ability requisite for success in this role.
- Ability to work on-site 3-5 days per week at our office in Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art, Textile Design or related experience preferred
0-2 Years Professional Experience Preferred
Philadelphia, PA – Onsite