Assistant Print Designer (Nautica & Juicy Couture)
Dreamwear is an industry leading creator of top quality, fashion-forward intimate apparel, shapewear and sleepwear. We own, license, and manage a diverse portfolio of brands that share our passion for quality, comfort, and trend, such as Danskin, Nautica, Juicy Couture, Marilyn Monroe, XOXO (visit dreamwear.com/our-brands to see more).
Duties & ResponsibilitiesWe are seeking an Assistant Print Designer to support our Nautica & Juicy Couture team (both sleep and Daywear). Our ideal candidate will have a versatile hand and be able to switch perspectives between two young, edgy female lifestyle brands. He or she will be eager to learn, self-motivated, and able to execute these essential responsibilities:
- Support Print Designer in creating original prints and graphics from concept through pre-production in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively with Print Designer, ask questions when necessary, and apply recently gained information on future projects.
- Research emerging print/graphic concepts and trends for inspiration with input from Print Designer.
- Proactively gain understanding of production constraints for factory ready artwork and repeats.
- Assist Designer with strike off comments
- Continually practice illustration, repeats, and techniques to improve technical and brand understanding.
- 0-1 year experience in textile design (internships strongly preferred)
- Degree in Textile Design or related field
- Strong illustrative hand, painting skills & color sense
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to learn
- Ideal candidate is passionate about print design, with a great eye for color, design, and trend
- This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The responsibilities can be changed orally or in writing at any time by the discretion of management.