Assistant Product Developer, Import - TEMP
The position focuses on specialty product categories including but not limited to fully fashioned
knits, outerwear and novelty ready-to-wear pieces. This position supports the Import Design
Manager through the entire development process. This role is temporary to hire and may have the possibility of being transitioned into a full-time regular role, based on the performance of the individual in the role. Candidates must be within reasonable commuting distance of the Mumu HQ office in Los Angeles, CA.
- Creates and maintains all sketches and line sheets as directed by the Designer. Line sheets include
Main Collection, Extending Sizing and Fast Track.
- Assists designer with preparing for weekly design meetings; tasks include printing line sheets,
gathering swatches, mood boards, etc.
- Sets up initial import tech packs each season in conjunction with the Designer. This includes style
number information, CAD and BOM and construction pages as advised by the Designer.
Responsible for creating and maintaining all BOM execution from beginning development
- Daily communication, follow-up and tracking with overseas vendors.
- Creates and sets up all cost logs, development WIPS and vendor PO’s
- Supports the designer by organizing and maintaining all development samples. This includes
packing old SMS styles and coordinating drop off as needed with the sales team.
- Coordinates pick up and drop offs at the warehouse as needed/Responsible for prepping shipping labels and packages
- Attends all fittings with the designer to update flat sketches and BOM details in actual time.
- Checks in all proto samples and coordinates pass off to the tech and production team.
- Responsible for taking and relaying notes alongside designer during design meetings as needed.
This includes sitting in and taking notes during weekly touch bases with the Creative Directors.
- Expected to help manage the cleanliness and organization of the design room each week; includes
breaking down design boards, organizing and ordering supplies and organizing swatches.
- Takes initiative to follow and understand our development calendar timelines independently,
alongside the designer. This includes maintaining responsibility for key dates like SMS deadlines,
tech pack deadlines, BOM deadlines and fit deadlines
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced environment, flexible in changing direction as needed.
- Familiar and comfortable working in Adobe Suites Apps- specifically Illustrator
- Must be able to execute CAD illustrations in Adobe Illustrator
- PC literate with basic understanding and skills in using keyboard and Microsoft office products
- Candidate must be highly organized with ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency and be a team player
- Must be independently organized in order to support the designer in this role
- Nice to have experience or interest in measuring garments and garment construction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1 years product development, design work or internship
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in fashion design or product development preferred
- Dynamic analytical, problem solving and project management abilities- must be a self starter
- Flexibility with regards to job responsibilities
- Knowledge with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge with Adobe applications- Photoshop & Illustrator
- Able to work and think independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Show Me Your Mumu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider for employment all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.