Assistant, Production Artist
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
Design at CentricWhat could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world’s most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you’ll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders.
Specific Responsibilities Would Include
- Attend style review meetings with Design teams to understand vision / concepts prior to initiating the tech pack process
- Provide support to the Designer during style review meetings by taking accurate notes on embellishment/art details for all product categories
- Work with supervisor to achieve designer’s expectations for each artwork
- Work closely with supervisor to ensure production artwork meets all criteria before sharing with vendors
- Consistently reference BOM for all TP color/fabric/art numbers
- Assist in setting up color separations, color call outs, sizing and art placements
- Assist in converting allover fabric print motif designs into repeat patterns for rotary and flatbed printing based on cylinder sizes and fabric widths
- Understanding of fabrication limitations and printing restrictions
- Provide technical callouts on art embellishments including embroideries, direct screen prints, appliques and fabric prints
- Modify and update PLM information as needed though out the development/production process
- Provide organizational support to the Design Operations team by maintaining digital and physical reference materials
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and Flex PLM
- Knowledge of Lotta Browzwear a plus
- Familiar with printing processes and techniques as it applies to fabrications.
- Working knowledge of the Pantone mixing system and how it relates to color matching.
- Understanding of pattern nesting and production markers
- Superior organizational and communication skills; team oriented
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast pace, high performance environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 1-2 years of relevant design experience
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer