Assistant Project Manager, Visual Merchandising
Dynamic and growing retail company is now seeking anAssistant Project Manager, Visual Merchandising!
TheAssistant Project Manager, Visual Merchandisingwill assist the Visual Manager with existing store maintenance needs as well as coordinating,designing, and executing creative merchandising initiatives as it relates to new store development and existing store initiatives.
Marshall Retail Group/InMotion is North America’s premier award-winning travel retailer in the airport marketplace. For over 65 years, MRG/IMEG has provided clients with a portfolio of attractive, successful brands! We currently operate more than 300 stores across the United States and Canada, and we are always looking for the best in talent.
Portfolio Required for Candidate Consideration
What do we offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- FREE Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with company match
- Employer Paid Parking
- Amazing Employee Discount at all our stores, so check us out
- Career Advancement!
- Bonus & SPIFF Potential
- Amazing training & career path
- Competitive Pay!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in developing merchandising plans, fixture designs, visual updates, and directives to support merchandising strategies and marketing campaigns
- Works with Visual Manager and Merchants to understand, communicate and launch new / test programs
- Drafts communications to field teams on all visual direction, ensuring brand and visual merchandising consistency
- Assist Visual Manager in driving brand and business objectives/sales through excellent execution of visual merchandising and presentation design
- Ideate, design, source and purchase props and decor for Hype Tables, Seasonal Shops and Window Presentations
- Assist with large floor moves, special projects, and store openings
- Travel to outer markets as needed for training and store openings, up to 10%
- Utilize all company tools, visual talent, and knowledge to plan, map, and execute floor sets incorporating appropriate store specific adaptations as necessary
- Assist with Marketing & Merchants teams on in-store signage and special marketing needs
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project and stakeholder teams
- Build, develop and grow business relationships vital to the success of the portfolio of projects with both internal and external resources
- To conduct him/herself in the spirit of the MRG mission, vision, core values and organizational health
- Other duties may be assigned Supervisory duties, hiring, firing, performance management and coaching of Assistant Project Manager(s)
Knowledge And Skills Requirements
- 3+ years of as a Visual Merchandiser in a fast-paced retail environment
- Degree in Visual Merchandising/Visual Communications/Interior Design or equivalent
- Exceptional skills romancing RTW, Accessories, Consumables, Tech/Electronics, Gift, and Souvenirs
- Comprehensive understanding of composition, spatial & product adjacencies
- Visual presentation skills are up to date on industry and fashion trends
- Experience with short timelines in a fast-past environment
- Excellent computer skills with PCs, Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and with a positive attitude
- Exemplary organizational skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative
- Experience managing multiple projects and timelines in a fast-past environment
- UP to 10% Travel Required
- Satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Drug Testing
- Spur of the moment transportation required
- Additional Security clearance may be required depending upon location
We can’t wait to meet you so apply today!
Marshall Retail Group/InMotion is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin/ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, military/veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law. At Marshall Retail Group/InMotion, it’s about each person bringing passion and skills to a dynamic and inclusive workplace!