Assistant Shapewear Designer
Client Overview: Our client is a leading wholesale intimate apparel and sleepwear company with a wide portfolio of licensed brands along with private in-house brands.
Position Overview: Design team is seeking an Assistant Designer to join the team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Senior Designer with developing collections for shapewear that are brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction and business strategy.
Assistant Designer Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on the direction for the styling, fabrication, and color development of multiple shapewear brands and categories, and to produce seasonal trend and color concepts.
- Shop the market and oversee sourcing for new and innovative fabrics, trims, and technology.
- Design and recommend product lines with consideration given to trend, silhouettes, and cost of goods.
- Understand and incorporate market intelligence and business strategy into product design.
- Independently produce development concepts and project manage and oversee the sample development and production process.
- Prepare for, attend, and present at internal meetings and external buyer meetings.
- Present seasonal concept trend, print, and color to senior team.
- Attend fittings and provide comments from a design perspective for all relevant product categories.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross functional team members (Sales, Production and Graphics) through communication and problem solving.
Assistant Designer Qualifications:
- 1-3 years’ working experience in design and a degree in Fashion or related field.
- Must have knowledge of garment construction and category specific fabrications.
- Ability to work across multiple brands / customers.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, & Illustrator, Microsoft Excel a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Management or mentorship experience is required.
- Must be organized and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective overseas e-mail communication.