Assistant Site Merchandiser
Job descriptionAssistant Site Merchandiser
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
As an Assistant Digital Site Merchandiser, you will be responsible for supporting the merchandising and optimisation of the customer journey. You're data driven, understand the digital customer, and use key onsite metrics to drive performance.
AsAssistant Digital Site Merchandiseryou will:
- Support the Digital Site Merchandiser with sequencing plans across the site including listing pages, edits and search.
- Based on trading performance, highlight key products or trends through edits, headers, landing pages and content spots.
- Supports with features products across all channels (homepage, email, app, mega menu etc.)
- Supports with maximising product visibility through attribution and dual siting.
- Assists with launches of new product and edits to site, aligned to the appropriate calendar
- Maintain evergreen content, edits and landing pages e.g brand landing pages, holiday and gifting hubs
- Continuously review the competitor landscape to identify new digital opportunities and site improvements.
- Running scripts for stockpot and threshold actions.
- Site walks - monitoring the website and ensuring site standards.
- Comfortable using technical tools and systems. Able to use data to influence decision making.
- Experience within an E-Commerce role
- Strong organisational skills - confident in managing and prioritising your own workload.
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague.
- Communicates effectively & builds relationships
- Demonstrate ability to listen & develop rapport with variety of stakeholders
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.