Assistant Stylist - Online Studio - Part Time 18.75 Hours
Job descriptionAssistant Stylist - Online Studio - Part Time 18.75 Hours
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
We are looking for an Assistant Stylist to join our Online Styling team on a part time basis, working 18.75 hours per week.
As Assistant Stylist, you will assist the Stylist's in all areas of the Online Studio process. Working with Stylists, Digital Styling Managers and Digital Assistant Styling Managers to continually strive to improve not only the quality of the images being shot, but also the productivity and efficiency within the studio. This role requires a person with a good mix of organisational skills and attention to detail while also having thorough brand knowledge and a strong Creative eye.
As Assistant Stylist you will:
- Maintain and encourage a positive 'can do' atmosphere in the studios which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work.
- Ensure excellent knowledge of the Selfridges Style Guides in order to maintain visual quality and consistency across all images taken for the website.
- Prep all product to be shot on set each day including; steaming garments, de-tagging and re-tagging of products, dressing models where necessary and making sure the products are moving through the studios systematically and product is not damaged or misplaced, returning and collecting shoe picks.
- Brief freelancers who come in on the Stylist Assistant role and ensuring they follow procedure.
- Continually work with the Stylists to come up with any styling improvements that can be made within the studio, which could improve the images or the shoot efficiencies.
- Ensure styling operations are continuously updated and maintained (steamers, dry clean, consumables etc.)
- Work closely and maintain good relationships with studio team, including photographers, freelancers and product handling team.
- Build relationships with sales associates in order to ensure best possible styling picks.
- A good communicator, Able to work with and build relationships with the wider Photo studio team
- Accurate and have a strong 'eye for detail ensuring delivery of exceptional work
- Knowledge of designers, brands, trends and competitors. You will be up to date with trends and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire your work
- Organised and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Positive with a pro-active 'can do' attitude. Taking initiative when needed and also able to take direction well from the wider team
- Calm within busy environment. You are able to prioritise, having good time management and are adaptive, with the ability to multi-task effectively
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.