Assistant Tech Designer - Hybrid
We are a specialty retailer offering the very best of what’s next in fashion for men, women and children since 1901.WHAT’S IN A NAME? EVERYTHING.
We don't just sell cutting-edge fashion and accessories, we create it. Our talented fashion design team — the Nordstrom Product Group — develops, designs, produces and sources 16-plus private Nordstrom labels. From traditional to trendy, this team is shaping the styles and looks our customer love.
The ideal associate designer is experienced and has an eye for trend and the ability to create original saleable concepts that encompass style, color and fabric as directed.A Day in the Life...
- Support Technical Design team by collecting and supplying information through data management
- Manage samples through lifecycle
- Support Technical Design team in meeting calendar due dates
- Measure samples
- Participate in fit sessions by assisting the technical designer, including prep
- Assist in evaluating samples to ensure product specifications, quality and construction standards are being executed
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Design, Pattern Making or related field preferred
- Up to 2 years experience in related field, preferred.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and MS Office Suite
- Product Lifecycle Management system experience preferred
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Learn more in the Nordstrom Benefits Overview by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser: https://careers.nordstrom.com/pdfs/Ben_Overview_07-14_Full_Time_ES-US.pdf