Assistant Technical Designer
Veronica Beard is Veronica Beard is looking for Assistant Technical Designers. This role will aid in completing the workload for mentioned categories. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of measuring garments, note taking during fittings, and garment construction. This role is on-site based out of our NYC corporate office and reports to the Senior Director of Technical Designer.
- Track incoming samples and compile fit lists weekly
- Weekly prep for fittings, including measuring garments, steaming garments, ensuring camera and laptop are charged and ready, pins and supplies are present
- Take notes during weekly fittings
- Write fit comments for designated product categories made both overseas and domestically
- Interface with freelance patternmakers to convey fit and construction corrections
- Interface with domestic & overseas factories to convey fit and construction corrections
- Coordinate outgoing packages to overseas and domestic factories
- Visit NYC factories daily/weekly as needed
- Prioritize weekly workload and meet established deadlines
- Take on additional projects as needed
- 1-3 years of experience as a technical designer
- Basic knowledge of garment construction
- Basic knowledge of patternmaking & draping
- Ability to communicate fit corrections to factories overseas and domestic
- Ability to communicate and interface with designers, production, and freelance patternmakers
- Working knowledge of PDM or PLM system
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and multitasking skills
- Strong organizational skills, technical & detail-oriented
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, dedicated, deadline-driven and self-motivated
The base salary range for this role is between $48,000 and $52,000. The relevant base salary will vary depending on wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training, degrees, and certifications. The base salary is just one component of our total compensation offerings, which consist of a comprehensive benefits package as well as a short-term incentive program, clothing allowance, and merchandise discounts.
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.