Assistant Technical Designer
Meet the Owned Brand division of REVOLVE:
REVOLVE is the next-generation fashion retailer for millennial and Generation Z consumers. As a trusted, premium lifestyle brand and a go-to source for discovery and inspiration, REVOLVE delivers an engaging customer experience from a vast yet curated offering of over 45,000 products. Founded in Los Angeles in 2003 by co-CEOs, Michael Mente and Mike Karanikolas, REVOLVE’s family of brands includes their luxury offering, FORWARD, and a portfolio of 24 owned brands such as Lovers + Friends, Tularosa, NBD and RAYE.
The Owned Brand division within REVOLVE is an industry-leading fashion design and production house based in Los Angeles. Leveraging the power of REVOLVE’s data driven merchandising, combined with raw creative talent results in an unparalleled ability to identify a specific market niches, developing brands that each have their own identity, designed with a distinct consumer interest and personality in mind.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have the thirst and creativity to redefine fashion retail for the 21st century, making REVOLVE THE leading online retail destination targeted towards Millennial and Generation Z consumers seeking premium fashion. With a team of 1,000 strong, we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
Some of the sweetest perks we offer aren’t in a typical benefit package like hefty discount on items we carry – as in 50% or more off retail prices, free weekly lunches, and pretty rad company parties.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium apparel?
Main purpose of the position:
The Technical Design Assistant will be meticulous with details and driven by the technical aspect of the design process. He or she will work closely with the Technical Designers by supporting in fittings, measuring fit comments to send to vendors, and evaluating samples. This is a permanent full time role for a candidate who is able to work in a fast paced, high volume, sku intensive fashion environment while maintaining accuracy.
Position responsibilities and daily tasks:
- Accurately spec garments and prepare all samples for fitting
- Receive samples and prep them for fittings
- Evaluate samples to ensure previous changes have been made
- Sit in on fittings and take accurate notes
- Review TOP’s and communicate comments to vendors
- Receive samples and ensure the Tech Console is up to date
- Take clear and detailed notes during fitting
- Utilize clear communication to distribute to all necessary parties post fitting
- Manage all TOP comments and approvals
- Input images and notes into TPs after each fitting
What does a candidate need to demonstrate to perform this job successfully:
- Basic understanding of garment construction
- Basic understanding of patterns
- Ability to accurately spec garments
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Positive and dependable attitude
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Flexible and adaptable to a very fast-paced environment
- Must be able and willing to lift and carry up to 10 lbs., perform frequent repetitive finger, hand and wrist motions, as well as bending, stooping, reaching, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Effective time management and ability to stay organized
Minimum candidate qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- Associates Degree in Product Development, Fashion Design, Buying, Tech Design or Merchandising or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Preferred qualifications (years of experience, education level, technical skills, software, etc):
- 0-2 years of experience in related field (Technical Design, Pattern Making or Design