Assistant Technical Designer
Job Title: Assistant Technical Designer
Job Location: Melville, NY
Company: 18 Rocks
18 Rocks is a dynamic and innovative fashion company specializing in activewear, sportswear, knits, and loungewear. We are looking for a dedicated and talented Assistant Technical Designer to join our team and support our Senior Tech Designer
As an Assistant Technical Designer at 18 Rocks, you will play a vital role in the product development process. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Senior Tech Designer: Assist the Senior Tech Designer with daily tasks and collaborate closely in the design pass-off for styles, providing technical support and completing tech packs.
- Conducting Fitting Sessions: Engage in and support fitting sessions to oversee the transformation of garments from prototype to production. Provide fit comments with pattern corrections and create illustration sketches as needed.
- Collaborating with Oversea Partners: Work daily with our overseas partners to address fit and construction questions, ensuring clear and effective communication.
- Sample Management: Organize and maintain samples from prototype to pre-production (PP) stages. Also, manage the block samples and fit samples library.
- Communication and Follow-Up: Assist in facilitating communication internally and with external partners.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Technical Designer role or relevant internship experience.
- Degree in Patternmaking or Technical Design.
- Experience with sportswear is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to take initiative.
- Exceptional multitasking abilities and the capacity to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated team player with superior interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in garment construction and sewing techniques.
- Strong Excel skills and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
18 Rocks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.