Assistant Visual Arts Teacher/Assistant Designer
WE DO NOT PROVIDE RELOCATION ASSISTANCE FOR THIS POSITION. WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE LOCAL, AND/OR IS WILLING TO COMMUTE.
Ideal for anyone who loves working with kids in a theatre camp setting, enjoys art, and loves to craft!
Description:Supports the teacher in preparing and teaching visual arts classes. The Theatre Assistant Teacher/Assistant Designer works with the Visual Arts Teacher in the classroom, and assists them in designing the show and implementing those designs. Duties include: assisting with teaching visual arts in the classroom; assisting with design prep; assisting the designer with building and painting sets, sewing costumes, and/or creating props for the show; creating a gallery for student artwork to be displayed before the final performance; supervising students in and out of the classroom; ensuring the health and safety needs of all students are met; helping with sign in, sign out, breaks and recesses; leading games and activities with students; and assisting with other tasks as needed by the Visual Arts Teacher, Camp Director, or Assistant Camp Director. The Assistant Visual Arts Teacher/Assistant Designer will also be assigned a tech role in the production.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- At least 1 year of experience working with children in an education or childcare setting preferred, but not required
- At least 2 years of experience in the visual arts
- Skills in at least one of the following areas required: set painting, construction and/or costume sewing
Ideal Candidate Would Be:
- Person with a passion for musical theatre and arts education
- Someone who loves working with children
- Someone interested in pursuing their interest and involvement in arts
- Someone with a lot of positive energy, who loves working in a fun camp environment
- Someone with a caring heart
- Someone who enjoys being part of a team of passionate and creative people
Job Types: Contract, Temporary
Pay: $450.00 per month
- Monday to Friday
- Visual Art: 1 year (Preferred)
- Theatre Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Costume/Set Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location