Associate 3D Apparel Developer
Associate 3D Apparel Developer
Reports to:Senior 3D Innovation Manager
The RoleThe Associate 3D Apparel Developer is a collaborative partner of the apparel design and development teams and participates in the product creation process. The Associate 3D Apparel Developer will support Deckers Brands product creation process by creating 3D apparel models and renders for the UGG and Hoka brands. These digital apparel prototypes will be reviewed for concept, construction, material and color specifications and transferred to partner factories for physical sample creation. 3D prototypes must convey all necessary aesthetic, construction and details while following milestone calendar objectives.
A strong candidate for this role has a strong work ethic, with a keen eye for detail. Must be willing to go over and beyond to retain a high quality of work while meeting strict milestones.
By creating 3D prototypes this role avoids delays and saves labor, shipping, and material costs of physical sampling. These digital models aid the design & development teams by making optimal revisions and decision making in expedited time. It also helps product developers understand the garment and help communicate to our factories. They are also used by Product Line Managers and Sales Reps to gain earlier feedback from accounts and consumers. Finally, on occasion these assets are also used for marketing and eComm.
For the Associate 3D Apparel Developer, a typical day could comprise of 3D modeling, 3D rendering, animating, 3D scanning, 3D printing or R&D. It can be fast paced, but always fun if you like problem solving, and innovating. You will work alongside an impressive 3D team with a wealth of experience in a multitude of 3D software. This team is highly valued by all the brands here at Deckers.
Your ImpactThe primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- 1. Utilize Clo 3D Software to create, revise & present 3D apparel models & photorealistic renders
- 2. Create & organize digital asset libraries of 3D garments, avatars, patterns, trims & textures
- 3. Liaise with Design and Development teams to provide support for key meetings and milestones
- 4. Collaborate with external 3D consultants to brief and provide feedback on their 3D work
- A precise self-starter, able to communicate, organize and multi-task effectively
- Able to independently find solutions and effectively communicate across functions
- Able to cultivate effective and networking relationships to drive towards common goals
- 2+ years of Clo 3D experience OR 2+ years’ experience in apparel design/development
- Exceptional attention to detail
- 3D Rendering, animation, texturing OR 2D Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator experience preferred
- Apparel pattern and construction knowledge required
- Experience with Modo and/or Substance Suite
- Microsoft applications experience
- Passionate and self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile to complete the task
- Must be able to work in an extremely creative, fast paced team environment and possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses - We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing - No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work - Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks - Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development - Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness - There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.