Associate Activewear Designer- Mens
Associate Activewear Designer- Men's
This is a remote role.
SOME OF WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Reporting to one or more Senior Designers, the Associate Designer is responsible for supporting relevant needs within Men's Sportswear. Whether generating tech packs all day, entering information into our PLM, supporting the mood/design creation process, or packing up boxes for buyer meetings, you are there to support the team. We have multiple sportswear teams, and you must be willing to float from team to team, as easy as you support a single designer.
• Tech packs, tech packs, tech packs. This is super critical. No hand sketching here! Everything is CAD and you must be a strong assistant to keep up.
• Collaborate with design, merchandise, and sales partners to create and present concepts.
• Partner with designers, product development and sourcing when choosing design components, fabrics, and trims, ensuring product can be delivered within the target customer price points.
• Ensure a strong understanding of competitive market and landscape, along with identifying continuous opportunities for growth.
• Partner with team members and sales to understand customer needs to create designs and assortments, present to customer buyers.
• Illustrate and render technical flats & create tech packs.
• Organize sample racks, mood boards, and other decision-making items.
• Work closely with in house team members on development throughout the production and fit process.
• Manage multiple priority projects and development calendars for a variety of needs, from internal to external customers.
• Innate ability to envision & design great product within brand appropriate product guidelines and fiscal targets.
• Partner with product development resources to select materials based on their functional properties, aesthetics and costs, without sacrificing design and style.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• Bachelor's degree in design
• PLM experience required
• 3+ years relevant design experience; School experience and internships, count!
• Mass Market and SMU knowledge helpful (conceptual or hands-on)
• Not easily unnerved & ability to handle deadline stress and pressure
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrable experience technical fit & construction
• Ability to learn and take direction, as well as teach and give direction
• Must be a CAD master - Adobe CreativeCloud
Submit your resume and portfolio today!