Associate Apparel Designer
Responsible for the design and development of product line for seasonal collections in partnership with Senior Director of Design. Interprets and implements design concepts appropriate for the J. Jill customer while being consistent with the brand image.
- See the product process from initial concept to production, along with all aspects of design, layouts, and communication to vendors.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners in Product Development, Fabric and Tech Design to develop the line.
- Adhere to development calendar, ensuring all deadlines are met and samples and prototypes are ready for presentation.
- Present the line to the merchants and cross-functional teams.
· Partners with overseas vendors to develop product
· Manages overall design aesthetic and communications with technical counterparts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
· Strong background in web- based applications; PLM, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
· High taste level and awareness of fabric & market trends that are relevant to the J Jill brand
· Possesses technical skills and knowledge of garment design and development.
· Strong communication skills with overseas business partners to develop and execute product
· Innovation & Creative Thinking
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Positive attitude
· Creativity & Flexibility
· Detail oriented
· Works well with others
· Self starter
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and experience at a level normally acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of related experience.