Associate, Apparel Designer
What you'll do...
Are you passionate about fashion & design? Do you want to work for the largest retailer in the world? If so, you might be the perfect fit for the Associate Designer position at Walmart! As an Associate Designer, you will partner with our leadership team to execute the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery. You will be creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales.
You'll make an impact by...
- Researching and identifying trend directions; creating digital concept/mood boards, analyzing collections, and reviewing fabrics & design concepts
- Collaborate with the design team in creating and developing seasonal apparel collections for our youth, men's, women's and athletic private label brands.
- Sketching, draping, fitting, fabric sourcing, trend research, and presentation preparation.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams such as merchandising, production, and quality assurance to ensure that our products meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you...
- Have a strong eye for detail, a creative and imaginative approach to design, and the ability to work within a fast-paced private-label
- Have 3-5 years of previous fashion design experience
- Have proficiency in Adobe AI & PS; Windows PowerPoint
- Have experience with Illustrator sketching
- The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for detail, a creative and imaginative approach to design, and the ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
Additional Compensation Includes Annual Or Quarterly Performance Incentives.Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Design, or related field OR 2 years' experience in design, merchandising, marketing, or related area.
Preferred Qualifications...Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
45 W 25th St, New York, NY 10010, United States of America