Associate Apparel Designer & Product Developer
Krimson Kloveris a fast-growing women’s-powered apparel brand based in Boulder, CO looking for someone to join our product team in an Associate Designer and Developer role.
AsAssociate Designer & Product Developer, you will be instrumental at helping turn ideas into compelling product. You will be involved throughout the entire product lifecycle from initial design ideas through production.
What You’ll Do
- Support the Apparel team with the day-to-day aspects of the Krimson Klover design process to help bring compelling innovative apparel to life
- Actively participate in creating color concepts and merchandising story boards aligning with seasonal objectives given by the creative director and merchandising director
- Support creative team, merchandising, free-lance designers with all aspects of new collections
- Support free-lance designers getting their designs ready for the factory
- Create and color CAD’s for design presentations, tech packs and wholesales catalogs
- Assist with Color-ups for designs
- Assist with color-ups of sweater designs. Including yarn selection and coloring of graphs.
- Assist with changes to graphs and cads to reflect changes in design
- Assist with print and pattern development. Preparing for print
- Assist with Logo SMU program
- You will work cross-functionally with the apparel team and factories to update tech-packs
- Collaborate with tech designer in fit sessions to ensure great fitting quality product reflective of the design intent
- Be willing to take guidance and feedback. Be willing to change directions when needed
- Be driven by innovation. Be creative. Be a person that can learn from both success and failure
- Be informed of customer reviews to help drive product
- Be highly organized. Able to stay on deadline. Able to work on multiple projects at once
• Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel or Fashion Design.
• 3+ years of design experience in apparel a must. Experience in design, merchandising and sourcing
• 3+ years of apparel experience
• Experienced with women’s active sports apparel
• Genuine passion for design and production
• Ability to effectively collaborate and communicate clearly with merchandise and product development teams to ensure that designs achieve briefed goals
• Solid understanding of garment construction and fitting
• Proficiency in Excel, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Must present a portfolio that includes a variety of illustration and textile design styles and demonstrates a high degree of creativity and innovation
• Sweater, knitwear and print experience a plus
• Excited by a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment – able to take initiative to prioritize under tight timelines
Primary location: US-CO-Boulder
Salary range: $56 – 70k DOE
Opportunity for growth. Krimson Klover is a fast-growing company with opportunities for career development, experience working with cross-functional teams and a variety of graphic design projects.
Embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Being a part of Krimson Klover means that there’s never a dull moment and that you’ll likely be involved in a lot of opportunities that may fall outside of your typical job description. Whether it be helping with an event or being a part of cross-functional meetings, there are always new things to learn.
We value people and our team. Company culture is important to us. Things like team off-sites, hybrid working, volunteering, and happy hours are just a few examples. We probably spend more time with our team than anyone else, so why not have fun together!
Please send a resume, portfolio/examples & cover letter to [email protected]