Associate Art Director
thirteen lune is an early-stage Los Angeles-based company founded by Nyakio Grieco and Patrick Herning. Launched in December 2020, and currently offering over 100 uniquely curated brands, thirteenlune.com is designed to elevate and inspire the discovery of Black and Brown-owned beauty brands that resonate with people of all colors.
We are seeking a dynamic Associate Art Director to join our remote NY or LA team. The Associate Art Director will assist the Art Director in the development of creative strategies,
conceptual thinking, content creation, through all mediums and across all channels. This position will aid in collaborating with ecomm, marketing, production, merchandising, retail partners, and the digital marketing team to execute innovative content, marketing materials, and online/in-store experiences. This role will include stepping in when the Art Director is not present, and will hold the highest standards of quality, technical expertise and aesthetics to meet our strategic goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead by the Art Director, you will help ideate and develop innovative ways to enhance thirteen lune through photo, video, typography, graphic design, and window display.
- You will help evolve brand guidelines in partnership with the Art Director and marketing team.
- Ensure creative concepts are consistently carried through all aspects of projects. Maintain design standards throughout all collateral and experiences.
- Introduce new freelance talent (photography, video, and other creative relationships) that elevate our vision.
- Create assets at a rapid pace for social channel ads and organic feed.
- Research and maintain creative reference library, design, typography, fashion and culture and current trends.
- Help present succinct ideas on the team’s behalf to other divisions of the company. You will inspire, positively influence and help manage a team of designers to help them produce best in class creative and grow within our team.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have experience as a Graphic Designer within the beauty industry.
- You have experience running campaigns and directing photo shoots in beauty and/or fashion.
- You understand ecommerce and digital marketing.
- You work quickly and have a great attitude.
- You are an advanced Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign / Premiere / After Effects.
- UX/UI experience and social-first in mindset.