Associate Art Director, Levi's
About the Job
Drive the creative development process for the global seasonal Sell-In shoot and toolkit
Partner closely with Styling and Production on casting, location/studio scouting, and on-set considerations
Conceptualize, develop, and execute ad campaigns and seasonal collection launches including research and presentation of concept and location swipe, casting for models, design and sketch of composition, and set design if needed.
Partners with copy and graphic designers to ensure all creative is aligned and communicate a brand-consistent message
Assist in layout for all media based on final concept approval, cataloging of shoot images, creating selects deck of all images from photoshoot
Keep up to date with emerging cultural trends in fashion, design, film, art, media, and technology as relevant to Levi's and the creative team
See concept through to execution by developing final layouts and color, overseeing the retouching process and reviewing all mechanicals
Art direct as needed on assigned production shoots (photography & video), working closely with the photographer, stylist, crew, producer and models in proper execution of shoot concept
Lead presentations with strong verbal and visual execution, while clearly communicating design vision.
Lead and mentor designers through clear and consistent coaching and development.
Take ownership for the delivery of the brand vision
Work closely and collaboratively with Creative Services team and Project Management teams to ensure a strong and effective team effort on all projects
Demonstrate global cultural awareness with regard to content crossing global borders and leverages consultant resources, as required.
Keep up to date with trends for: e-commerce technology, graphic design, photography, video, social media, and AR- proposing new innovation and sharing this knowledge with the team.
Ensures all design layouts are optimized for end-use and delivered according to specifications, production standards, color quality standards, and digital requirements.
Work with Art Director on retouching rounds, direct and markup imagery as needed for print and ecommerce use.
Work effectively with technical teams during post production; keep creative services team and Project Management aware of progress
Lead, delegate, manage, and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
Partner with project management to mitigate and escalate work issues and impacting parameters for project deadlines.
Attend department, status, direction, presentation and feedback meetings to offer creative input and ensure that all assigned work is communicated and informed back to relevant partner.
Maintain an up to date and organized set of files for project archive and utilizes the departments digital assets management systems and file servers.
Current LS&Co Employees, apply via your Workday account.
Job descriptionJOB DESCRIPTION
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.
The Associate Art Director is responsible for the creative development of advertising concepts, marketing/branding initiatives, and best in class digital-first creative based on marketing briefs and seasonal strategy throughout the print and digital space. This role will have a strong focus on concepting and developing seasonal Sell-In tools. The AA will form productive and successful creative partnerships to concept, develop and produce innovative and compelling creative concepts and experiences that support Levi's global brand marketing efforts and elevate the brand experience. This position works closely with all cross-functional leaders to build brand visuals across all channels with accuracy and consistency and oversee the maintenance and development of the brand and design standards through a global perspective. The Associate Art Director consistently seeks to enhance the level of creativity executed on all projects and works with the Art Director to ensure deliverables meet all brand standards and requirements.
- 5+ years of work experience as an Art Director/Jr Art Director, including retail/fashion/apparel brand experience, ideally working within an internal consumer brand environment, or advertising agency.
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree in Graphic Design or other related areas from an Arts College or accredited University.
- Experienced presenting work in a meeting environment to peers and seniors.
- Must have strong presentation skills, workflow management and communication skills
- Creative thinker who can provide a solid portfolio of creative ideas.
- Must maintain a full understanding of the creative, photographic and digital processes as they relate to photo shoot and video production
- Candidate should have the ability to think conceptually and design aesthetically, translating creative direction into visual references
- Must have experience leading photo/video shoots
- Must have expert knowledge of typography and graphic design principles
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop, Acrobat; Sketch Up (or other 3D app) is a plus
- Passion for fashion industry and knowledge of social trends is required
- Extensive knowledge of best practices for both web and pre-press print execution is a plus; working understanding of both digital and print advertising in all facets and stages of development
- Must have strong POV and knowledge of creative talent, agencies, fashion brands and other designers
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.