Our product selection includes a wide range of equipment, health care supplies and horse tack as well as clothing, footwear, safety equipment and much more for riders and horse enthusiasts. We are seeking a candidate to fill a full-time purchasing assistant position. This position will work closely with our current purchasing team and be paired with a Senior Buyer to assist in their development in the role. If you are a member of the equine community with a love for all things equine and have related buying experience this is a chance for you to combine your love of horses with your career. We are looking for an individual who has an enthusiastic attitude and believes in going above and beyond to create an excellent finished product.
This position will assist in new product selection as well as management of active inventory within the categories assigned.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Monitor the current trends and happenings in the Equine Marketplace
- Forecasting our ordering needs
- Follow up with Vendors on delivery issues and management of backorders
- Prepare New Product and enter the data into our computer system
- Collaborate with our marketing department to ensure product is represented in the best possible way throughout all sales channels
- Price management including but not limited to. Ensuring margin goals are met, dealing with vendors to negotiate best pricing and marketing support. Updating all pricing changes at a wholesale and retail level
- Acting as Liaison between internal customer service and vendors to ensure customer satisfaction and product information is relayed in a professional manner
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to ensure all the above is in line for product within the assigned categories
- Manage and execute measures to ensure mistakes and inaccuracies and discrepancies are identified, addressed, and resolved
- Resolve receiving discrepancies- work with warehouse, accounts payable, supplier, and senior buyer to investigate and correct discrepancies and prevent future occurrences
- Assist with physical inventory
- Travel to retail and wholesale trade show to procure and sell product 2-4 x’s per year
- Visit the warehouse to visually inspect product, packaging and displays
- Various other assigned duties
- Proficient in all Microsoft office programs with a focus on Excel
- Excellent Organization and planning skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written form
- Great at relationship building skills
- Self Starter with an analytical mindset
- Excellent team player and contributor
- Able to establish and adhere to time deadlines and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong internet research skills
- Goal oriented individual who can produce desired results
- Experience in purchasing, buying, or procurement is highly preferred
- BA or BS in related field required
- Horse experience is a must
Retirement Savings Account
Generous Employee Discount
Long Term Disability Insurance
Dental & Vision Insurance
Paid Vacation time
Competitive Pay Range
Regular work schedule
Exciting work environment in the horse industry
Who We are Looking for:
Horse Enthusiast who is professional, reliable, hardworking, and willing to take ownership of their job.
Someone who knows a little extra work at the beginning makes for a better product for the customer.
A professional who cares about the work they put out and is invested in a long-term position with the company.