ASSSOCIATE BUYER - NYC HQ
Christian Louboutin maintains a number of policies to protect its employees, including a mandatory vaccination policy, subject to reasonable accommodations for covered physical conditions and religious exemptions, as permitted by applicable law.
- Please note this role is a Hybrid model (3 days in our NYC HQ + 2 Remote). Applicants must live within the NYC / Tri-State Market.
Overview:The Associate Buyer is responsible for achieving sales objectives for a specific merchandise category or categories, under the direction of the Buyer. This includes creating an exciting, timely, and quality product assortment that meets or exceeds the sales volume and profit plans for the Americas retail business. They intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends and develop strategic action plans that drive category specific growth, increased profitability, and sell-thru.
- Develops the buying strategy for their given category every market session to clearly outline the vision to the Directors at the buy.
- Presents collection to all Boutique Directors during market, ensuring comprehensive understanding of the offer and guiding selections to ensure optimal product mix
- Writes pre-buys where previously agreed upon
- Participates in each walk-through of the buy for every store and provides guidance and feedback along with the Directors and Merchandising Manager
- Analyzes the final buy after each market and presents opportunities and risks to the Director and Merchandising Manager
- Monitors industry trends and evaluates competition through store and market visits.
- Builds buying process and tools that are scalable and relevant to the category of business and channel of distribution.
- Partners closely with planning in analyzing weekly selling reports, seasonal hindsight recaps, and ad hoc reports to drive assortment decisions.
- Manage ST% of seasonal product by forecasting total ST as well as style by style ST and identifying opportunities + risks accordingly.
- Analyze sales trends and use learnings to identify product opportunities – transfers, reorders, etc - trends, and offerings which will impact the business and provide results
- Ensure proper management of the category (i.e. deliveries, ST, business needs) through consistent communication and follow-up with Paris office and communicating these issues to Merchandising & Planning team.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Fashion Merchandising or related field required
- 3-4 years of experience in Buying, Planning or similar role
- Proficient in all of Microsoft Office/Suite
- Passion for Christian Louboutin and a true ambassador for the brand with strong sense of responsibility
- Ideal candidate has work experience in medium sized multinational company or luxury business.
- Additional language fluency is a plus
- Adheres to company policy and confidentiality
- Proactively contributes to creating a team atmosphere that is professional, flexible and enjoyable
- Exudes a “no task is too big or too small” attitude, with initiative, commitment, reliability, and positivity. Does not accept mediocrity
- Versatile; embraces change and is consistently able to develop and adapt to the needs of the business.
- Driven to learn and grow
- Grasps new concepts quickly, prioritizes efficiently and is organized
- Strong business and financial analysis skills
- Ability to create and execute a sound business strategy
- Strong retail math acumen
- Exceptional customer service skills along with transparent and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong follow up, follow through and attention to detail to ensure deadlines are me
Christian Louboutin Company Core Values:
Employees who work for Christian Louboutin should embody and believe in our Core Values as defined:
- Down to Earth - We stand with authenticity, integrity and respect.
Down to Earth is defined as embodying a true sense of reality. Your head may be in the clouds but your feet are always on the ground. You use common sense and pragmatism in your everyday approach. You show empathy towards others. You are adaptable, unpretentious and relatable. You treat everyone equally and respectfully.
- Happiness – As team players, we collaborate with positivity, open-mindedness and fun.
Happiness is defined as the feeling of not fearing the alarm clock and embracing the day ahead of you. You come into work with an optimistic outlook and with good intentions. You enjoy what you do and it shows in your day-to-day interactions. You feel comfortable, supported and encouraged along the way. You are growing and continuously learning. You have a purpose here. Your successes are all of our successes. You can be yourself. You feel a great sense of pride to say “I work at Christian Louboutin.” Days fly by. Is it 6 o’clock already? It’s time to go home and you are excited to do it again the next day.
- Inspiration– We envision the future with confidence, creativity and freedom.
Inspiration is defined as driving thought from a creative and intuitive place. You foster a stimulating environment where imagination is celebrated. Ideas become reality. You are not afraid of being unconventional and are empowered to think outside the box. You are fresh, distinctive and daring. Innovation is our vision, “like no other” is our tradition.
- Passion– We drive the business with agility & care and we are committed to excellence.
Passion at Louboutin is defined as the intense devotion and enthusiasm for what you do every day. You genuinely admire the brand, the heritage, the product and you like the people you interact with. Others can see and feel it, and you create desire for them to want to be part of the #Louboutinworld. You are action oriented and make decisions quickly in order to identify and develop opportunities for success. Business is at the forefront of your mind, and the customer is at the heart of everything you do.