Crisp color, graphic prints and playful sophistication are the hallmarks of kate spade new york. From handbags to clothing and décor, our exuberant approach to the everyday encourages personal style with a dash of incandescent charm. We call it living colorfully.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Primary PurposeThe successful individual will leverage their proficiency in buying department to...
- Assist the buyer in identifying future product opportunities, trends, and offerings which will impact the business
- Manage OTB (open to buy) budgets, receipt reconciliation, purchase order maintenance, and product tracking
- Create, analyze and deliver business analysis on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Utilize reporting to develop an in-depth understanding of product performance, customer base, and micro-assorting. Produce action plans with findings and present to cross-functional teams
- Proactively focus on the future of the business by thinking about trends and opportunities
- Partner with the merchandising team to develop and refine seasonal line architecture to maximize omni business needs
- Facilitate all business ownership and relationship management with internal categories
- Partner closely with planning teams on seasonal budgets, monthly forecasting, and weekly business updates
- Partner with visual merchandising team on monthly floorset walk-thrus and overall product placement in stores
- Partner with e-commerce merchandising and photo teams to ensure product accuracy and propose enhancements
- Maintain strong relationships with wholesale and international teams to align on assortment consistency and learn from differing business trends
- Manage the timely entry of markdowns to ensure seamless transitions and communications to cross-functional teams
- Analyze regional assortment opportunities by understanding their unique markets and develop strategies for the US market based on global nuances
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in buying. Vertical retailer preferred
- Advanced proficiency in retail math and excel
- Ability to multitask and focus in a busy atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple projects and shift priorities
- Ability to build strong working relationships with cross functional teams
- Strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in working on a collaborative team
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Sense of urgency and passion to succeed
- Deep understanding of competitive handbag landscape
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. . Visit Kate Spade at www.katespade.com.