if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail?AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.Reviewing Resumes!
The Associate Buyer combines fashion awareness, knowledge of the David’s Bridal customer and understanding of David’s Bridal business strategy with strong analytical skills and business acumen to deliver appealing and relevant style choices for the customer that meet David’s Bridal’s target mix of fashion, quality and price. The Associate Buyer is responsible for meeting or exceeding sales and financial goals in an owned smaller volume business category.Essential Functions
- Develop business strategy and goals in partnership with senior buyer, identifying opportunities and developing solutions to meet or exceed goals. Create and maintain seasonal assortment plans and newness matrix/receipt proposals.
- Partner with planning team in development of financial goals, open to buy, and promotional strategies. Collaborate on assortment rationalization to ensure optimal product mix to achieve business goals.
- Craft line plans and product development requests to build a compelling assortment that meets the diverse price points and varying needs and preferences of the David’s Bridal customer. Leverage customer insights, store feedback, competitive analysis and market trend data to build meaningful, relevant product assortments. Negotiate costs/prices with vendors/suppliers to achieve margin goals.
- Analyze business to drive sales; confirm core continuing styles/items, identify markdowns and newness; reforecast as needed. Craft business recommendations based on performance insights. Employ seasonal hindsight’s to inform future strategies and category growth. In buying and cross-functional meetings, prepare and present clear, well-reasoned viewpoints based on data, information and experience.
- Collaborate with other buying divisions to ensure consistency across merchandise types; demand planning team to ensure inventory flows when and where needed; with visual merchandising on merchandise presentation in store; with marketing and social on monthly content; with learning & development on product knowledge training.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 plus years related experience and/or training.
- Product development experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, most specifically Excel. Ability to architect spreadsheets with formulas including but not limited to vlookups.
- Some Travel Required (1 -2 times per quarter).
A comprehensive benefits package is available.
- Rewarding Environment and Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discount After First Pay Period
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K Program
- Paid Vacation Paid Sick Days & Paid Holidays
- Pet Benefits
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.