Who We Are
For over 60 years we have shared stories from across the globe that remind you of a time you cherish, a place you love and people who make you feel at home. We have inspired the home decorator, entertainer and gifter with our unique assortment of products sourced and designed around the world and we continue to be inspired by you. You, your authenticity, impact and distinction drive our success and inspires us to be inclusive, collaborative, open minded, adaptable, honest and respectful.
What You'll Do
Become part of a dynamic Merchandising team by developing unique product assortments for our omni-channel business through analysis, trend research and international sourcing. You will have the opportunity to build relationships with external and internal partners and assist in bringing exciting product to life. The Associate Buyer will be responsible for at least one category and be seen as a role model to an Assistant Buyer and Merchandising Assistant by providing professional coaching, feedback and development. In this role, you will:
- Strategically build assortments that meet financial metrics and excites our customers.
- Build assortment plan through comp shopping, working with vendors and understanding trends.
- Speak confidently about product vision and category performance to members of the leadership team.
- Manage Open to Buy (OTB) and Buy Plans for designated category along with Inventory Management partners.
- Actively manage the business both in forward planning and in season execution.
- Weekly analyze, summarize and provide recommendations.
- Manage vendor relationship: negotiate best possible pricing, handle quality assurance issues, organize claims preparation, return to vendor (RTV) process, vendor income support and track and resolve outstanding issues.
- Responsible for all Product Review preparation: create, complete and maintain all merchandising photos, presentation boards, product information sheets and flashcards.
- Own the sample management process: tracking, unpacking, organizing and purging discontinued samples as well as pulling samples for Marketing photoshoots.
- Manage strategic promotion planning following the master retail calendar and setup promotions in AS400.
- Maintain the eCommerce photo line list and the line list for the department and eCommerce.
- Provide Advertising, Marketing, Visual and eCommerce support: generate content sheets, review/proof schematics and signage and assist with product turnover.
- Responsible for proofing all marketing exposure and signs.
- Create and maintain Vendor and SKU set up information in Genesis and AS400.
- Input and maintain all SKU information: analysis, pricing and add actuals in the ad comp sheet.
- Partner with the Store Operations team to provide the World Market Weekly submissions.
- In charge of collection report maintenance.
- BA or BS degree required.
- Minimum 3 -5 years in an Associate Buyer or Buyer position with a multi-unit retailer.
- Excellent planning and negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify, develop and manage existing business and spot future trends.
- Creative problem solving and risk-taking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills; trend forecasting and item management.
- Experience with Merchandising software systems; AS400, Brio is preferred.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Windows.
- Strong leadership and team collaboration skills.
- Work Location: Hybrid. You will spend up to 3 days per week on average at our Alameda, CA Home Office.
- Work life balance is a priority (work from home flexibility).
- Up to 30% employee discount and product sample sales!
- A fun and supportive work environment where you feel welcome and safe.
- A culture of inclusion that empowers you to be your best authentic self.
- Opportunities to make an impact through your passions.
- Wellness Program including virtual fitness classes, personal health advocates, coaches, gym discounts and more.
- Accrued Vacation, Sick Time and Personal Holidays.
- Eligible employees offered Medical and Dental Insurance, Vision Coverage, 401(k) Savings Plan, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance and more.
CA Pay Range is $80,000-$90,000 annually
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
This email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of World Market, LLC. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.