Blue Nileis looking for a progressiveAssociate Buyerwho is results-oriented and responsible for driving sales and profitability growth within Gemstones, Metals, and Pearls. The Associate Buyer will support the Buyer in developing and executing a strategic vision with a customer centric approach. They will own end-to-end category management and product lifecycle and report to the Buyer. This position requires the ability to effectively analyze data to identify opportunities and develop assortment strategies. An ideal candidate possesses an innate sense of curiosity for the business and has analytical expertise to support decision making.
· Develop an understanding of the wants and expectations of the customer.
· Develop, present, and execute strategic vision in partnership with the Buyer and Planner.
· Develop an understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends to identify business opportunities.
· Drive in-season business effectively based on business needs.
· Deliver sales and profitability objectives.
· Drive end-to-end category management and product lifecycle in partnership with Buyer.
· Partner with Planner to ensure item plans support assortment strategy and intent.
· Analyze and present weekly category performance and recommended in-season actions.
· Support Buyer in the management of vendor partnerships as it relates to performance, product development, price, compliance, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 1-2 years of direct experience or 3-5 years of Assistant Buyer experience.
· Ability to think creatively, strategically, technically and equally with speed.
· Build trust with team and cross functional partners and lead through influence.
· Ability to have open and continuous communication and effectively present information in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to manage projects with high levels of complexities and lead through ambiguity.
· Planning acumen with strong understanding of Retail Math.
· Proficiency in MS Office.