The Associate Buyer will provide Sourcing management for a group of chemicals with a spend responsibility level ranging from $10-$15MM, that includes assisting in strategy development, supplier management and negotiation. In addition this role provides technical input during the NPD process, engages in problem solving and is responsible for providing input into the financial planning process which includes budgeting, risk management and TCR leadership for this area of chemicals.
What You Will Do
- Understand business needs, industry dynamics to assist in the development of appropriate sourcing strategies.
- Negotiate transactions
- Develop and manage internal and external relationships
- Financial planning that includes budgeting, risk management and cost management ( TCR)
- Support The NPD process through team work and effective communication
- Support Japan Corporate global procurement initiatives
- SAP support/maintenance
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in business
- Strategic procurement process, 0 - 3 years
- Supply Chain Management practices and principles, 0 - 3 years
- Negotiation, 0 - 3 years
- Good analytical skills with ability to think strategically.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Knowledge of international sourcing is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting principles is a plus
Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work:Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 15 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer:A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process:Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more:If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/americas/en/