Who You Are:
Michael Kors is looking for an experienced, business savvy, opportunistic and product focused Associate Buyer to assist in all facets of managing a growing business. This individual will partner with management, vendors, stores and cross-functional partners to identify opportunities, develop and execute strategies to build strong assortments that will achieve/surpass the financial objectives of the division. Strong communication, analytical and creative problem-solving skills as well as the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment are a must.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop buying and merchandising strategies for the business that ties back to financial goals for the division and company.
- Execute buy process from concept to completion, including a partnership with both internal and external teams.
- Attend and actively participate in market appointments. Responsible for entering all market orders.
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment to achieve continued growth and profitability.
- Recommend timely markdowns/promotions on goods and reorders on best sellers. Share insight based on reviewing analysis to strategically grow and impact the business.
- Work closely with planning and allocations to execute merchandising strategy on a by-door basis. Work with the allocations team and store management to ensure assortments by door are maximized.
- Partner with the planning team to develop and execute seasonal plans, merchandising and promotional strategies for all categories.
- Foster and leverage vendor relationships to create opportunities for the business.
- Oversee the management of assortment sheets, pricing/conversion files, markdowns and on-order.
- Responsible for execution and maintenance of merchandising guidelines and product knowledge information for the stores.
- Must have 3+ yrs. experience in Retail Buying or Merchandising.
- Strong product development experience a must
- Experience in licensees/vendor relationships
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer Literate – Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Receipt of the COVID-19 vaccine is a requirement for this position, subject to applicable exemptions.
- Flexibility to work in the office (hybrid schedule)
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
- Michael Kors and Jimmy Choo Discount
- Exclusive Employee Sales
- Fav 5 Cards (MK Discount for friends and family)
- 401k Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Thrive Wellness Program (seasonal in-office massages and more!)
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Discounts
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V