Associate Buyer, Accessories
The Associate Buyer will join our team and be responsible for driving business in a portion of brands within the department as well as working up offers, analyzing the business and brainstorming new event ideas and compelling ways to showcase the product to our members. The Associate Buyer will have direct relationships with key vendors, negotiate pricing, terms & conditions. The right candidate will be fast-paced and will stay on-top-of industry and competitive trends. In addition, the Associate Buyer will be an effective leader, relationship builder, and communicator in working with our external brand partners, as well as with internal groups such as merchandising, planning, production, marketing and legal.
What You’ll Accomplish…
- You’ll be responsible for product selection including identifying potential brands and product business opportunities specific to textiles for our two sites and for our TV partnerships.
- Direct & grow relationships with key vendors, negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, and utilize brands/ vendor partners to build a comprehensive assortment.
- Stay on-top-of industry and competitive trends and will be able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive business efficiently.
- Be an effective leader, relationship builder, and communicator in working with our external brand partners, as well as with internal groups such as merchandising, planning, production, marketing and legal.
At Rue Gilt Groupe, diversity enriches our passion, collaboration, kindness and innovation. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every Associate is empowered to learn, grow and bring their full self to work. Even if you don't check off every qualification in the job description, that's okay. We encourage you to apply to any role that excites you and sparks delight! We can't wait to learn more about you.
- Great experience in a retail environment and expert in retail math analytics
- Passion for product and a love of retail. Willing to go above and beyond to drive a successful business!
- Experience managing large sku counts and dropship orders
- Driven to make sure the customer has the best experience possible!
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Acute attention to detail to achieve successful and profitable sales
- Proven analytical skills and are a risk taker
- Proficient in Excel and Google Docs: You don’t shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, and sorting
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor/brand management experience
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze trends, sales, gross margin, inventory and turn
- Exceptional organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting rigorous deadlines
- Work with Planning to build Sales /GM/Dept plans/forecast sales/inventory management
- Learn from business trends and use feedback for future business improvements
- Maintain relationships with existing brands and source new suppliers for future products
- Willingness to travel
Important COVID-19 Guidance (for candidates applying to roles in our MA, NY and CA offices): Per Rue Gilt Groupe’s policy, all associates who will work at our MA, NY or CA offices must be fully-vaccinated and proof of vaccination will be required.
About UsRue Gilt Groupe is a leading off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting the next-generation shopper to world-class brands. We’ve defined the online treasure hunt through our daily sale events allowing a large, loyal member base to discover over 5,000 premium and luxury brands at prices up to 70% off full-price retail.
Rue Gilt Groupe operates three complementary sites – Rue La La, Gilt, and Shop Premium Outlets.
Our vision at RGG is to spark delight through daily discovery – we make shopping an occasion to celebrate. At the forefront of fashion and technology, we’re also in the business of sparking delight for our Associates. We inspire each other, our Members, and ourselves to push past the expected – every day. Our culture is rooted in our values and together we work to demonstrate being Kind, Passionate, Collaborative, Innovative, Tenacious and Empowered.