Associate Buyer - Beverage - 23010405
Under the direction of a Senior Buyer or Buyer, sources, evaluates, negotiates and prices merchandise for assigned categories to generate maximum sales, profit and inventory turn.
- Negotiates and works with vendors on deals and assortments.
- Processes purchase orders and expedites flow of paperwork.
- Processes advertising work sheets and samples, and follows through on ad merchandise with Ad Department, Distribution Centers, and Allocation Department.
- Communicates and works with all Distribution Centers and the Allocation Department to expedite and flow merchandise in a timely manner.
- Resolves and communicates all merchandising issues and problems with Stores and Field Operations, Accounts Payable, Sales Promotion, Allocation, Distribution Centers, Inventory Control, and Package and Design Departments.
- Works with merchandising plans, manages and controls open to buy dollars.
- Travels to trade shows, vendors, distribution centers and stores to develop a network of contacts and better understanding of the internal workings of our own company.
- Computer skills and knowledge of spreadsheets is desirable.
- Strong analytical ability and communication skills required.
- Detailed organizational skills required for fast paced, high-energy environment.
- Motivated and self-starter, willing to take on new challenges and learn every aspect of merchandising.
- A minimum of one to two years of retail buying experience preferred.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.