Associate Buyer, Candy
At Five Below our growth is a result of the people who embrace our purpose: We know life is way better when you are free to Let Go & Have Fun in an amazing experience, filled with unlimited possibilities, priced so low, you can always say yes to the newest, coolest stuff! Just ask any of our over 17,000 associates who work at Five Below and they’ll tell you there’s no other place like it. It all starts with our purpose and then, The Five Below Way, which is our values and behaviors that each and every associate believes in.
It’s all about culture at Five Below, making this a place that can inspire you as much as you inspire us with big ideas, super energy, passion, and the ability to make the workplace a WOWplace!
- A minimum of 3-4 years’ experience as an assistant buyer
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must possess a demonstrable knowledge of evolving trends
- Must have knowledge of product development, planning, distribution, domestic and overseas manufacturing
- Must have negotiation skills
- Must have strong written, verbal and computer skills
- Maintain an assortment of a specific area to deliver merchandise with great value
- Work with Buyer to continually create newness to add freshness to the assortment
- Suggest category extensions/web growth initiatives to further category growth
- Ensure successful styleout and walkthrus through detailed preparation
- Aid in the development and assortment of specific areas and product lines to deliver trend-right merchandise
- Work with Buyer to select and deliver the trendiest product while achieving financial goals and staying within company price points
- Solid planning skills with ladders and open-to-buy experience; run, maintain and project ladders
- Analyze the business and react with timely orders, reorders and cancellations
- Constantly seek out new opportunities to be profitable and nimble
- Manage open orders report
Market Skills and Awareness
- Represent Five Below with integrity and authority
- Build a relationship with the market that results in a differentiated product mix
- Exhibit market awareness through knowledge of relevant trends, competitors and current reference points
- Develop relationships with existing vendors and have the ability to seek out/onboard new vendors to capitalize on the hottest trends and deliver the most exciting new merchandise
- Work with Buyer to negotiate favorable costs, terms and conditions with all vendors
Communication and Leadership
- Foster an environment of continual training and development
- Work with other members of the merchandising team on product development, implementation, delivery and store placement
- Be a clear communicator with the ability to present and support a point of view
- Be a team player with the ability to train and motivate employees and peers
- Be an active listener and a healthy competitor
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.