Associate Buyer - Consumables
WH Smith is a leading global travel retailer with over 1,700 stores across 30 countries worldwide. WHSmith North America, incorporating Marshall Retail Group (MRG) and InMotion, represents over half of the Company’s international store estate, with a collection of attractive, successful specialty retail stores located in airports and resorts across North America.
Marshall Retail Group prides itself on creating unique experiences for customers by developing distinctive retail store concepts that feature and highlight the local culture, community, and lifestyle of the cities in which they are located. InMotion Entertainment Group is the largest airport-based electronics retailer in travel locations globally, with access and insight into the latest technologies for business and leisure travelers, InMotion offers lifestyle products and electronics that include a wide breadth of headphones, mobile power, Bluetooth speakers and travel accessories.
Job Summary:The Associate Buyer is responsible for curating the optimum assortment for our customers with responsibility for a specific department within a larger buying complex
· Curate the optimum assortment for our customers that delivers on sales and profit targets
· Generate a continuous pipeline of value creating initiatives to deliver sales and profitability
· Be responsible for the category and trade plan that aligns to the overarching business plan
· Define the pricing and promotional strategy for the category
· Product/supplier sourcing & development in line with strategy
· Deliver projects and trials within your own area with cross functional engagement.
· Use data and insights to communicate outcomes and recommendations.
· 1-2 years of buying experience in consumable packaged goods is preferred but not required
· Understanding of retail math and commercial analysis
· Negotiation knowledge and skills
· Ability to communicate across functions and influence effectively
· Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
· Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
Benefits & More:
· Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
· FREE Life Insurance
· Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Generous Paid Time Off
· 401k with company match
· Amazing Employee Discount at all our stores
· Career Advancement Opportunities
We can’t wait to meet you so apply today at www.JobsatMRG.com!
WH Smith North America is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin/ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, military/veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law. At WH Smith North America, it’s about each person bringing passion and skills to a dynamic and inclusive workplace!