Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
OVERVIEWAs the Associate Buyer, you will lead, create, and drive assortment strategies based on current inventory and the need of specific markets. By partnering with cross functional teams, you will be the expert on customer needs and marketplace capacity for new store openings. You will select products that meet financial plans and deliver business results while maintaining the integrity of the brand. The Associate Buyer will drive cross-functional alignment with Buying and Planning & Allocation to ensure the right product is delivered on- time and meets new store opening requirements. Furthermore, this role will report into the Senior Buyer for Women’s and help drive the women’s seasonal buys, as well as support the department by preparing various reporting. At Alo, our in-office collaboration and culture is one of our greatest assets, we believe in being together to build strong team partnership and cross functional team relationships, this position requires to be full time in office.
- Develop Bottom Up (at the Sku Level) Sales Forecasts of Seasonal and Carryover items that is aligned with agreed upon sales targets.
- Create and manage store matrices, as well as visual assortment tools for new stores.
- Manage Inventory tracking and monitoring daily sales and inventory levels.
- Drive growth by partnering with cross functional teams to help develop assortment strategies with respect to category split, store capacities, SKU count, breadth vs. depth, and new vs. carryover.
- Create assortment strategies with an understanding of fabric and materials, as well as lead times.
- Track business performance; Identify risks and opportunities for reacting to current business.
- Provide thorough and meaningful analysis of Sales Forecast and effectively articulate learnings to management and cross-functional partners.
- Maintain and demonstrate expert knowledge of customer base through strong field relationships.
- Attend all pertinent meetings for the divisions and provide recommendations as needed based on knowledge of trend and selling data.
- Conduct PO Management tasks such as tracking and monitoring Warehouse ETAs and in-turn advise the Merchandising Team whether launch dates will be met or at risk.
- Analyze sales in-season and post-season, utilize learnings to inform in-season and future season actions, strategies, and assortments.
- 2 years of professional experience in merchandising, buying, or planning
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Natural leader and problem solver with a growth mindset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent Excel skills
The base salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000 per year which represents the current range for the base salary for this exempt position. Please note that actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. As such, on occasion and when applicable, there is the possibility that the final, agreed-upon base salary may be outside of the upper end of the range. Please also note the range listed is just one component of the company’s total rewards package for exempt employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives, a PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.