PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To procure materials for shipment and production at the most competitive cost, in accordance with quality and delivery standards.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY:
Apply analytical and critical thinking skills to solve complex business challenges. The position will partner with the Buyer to support vendor negotiations and selection, execution of contracts, and maintaining a healthy chain of vendors to cater to the needs of the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Sourcing builds and manages supply chains, adding alternatives for resilience
- Support phase in/ phase out material plans as required for product introduction and/or obsolescence.
- Manage supplier relationships, oversee the performance of the Suppliers by creating and overseeing the Scorecard Program.
- Upload vendor info, including MOQ and lead time, and seek out new vendor opportunities. Follow all standard operating procedures and input ideas for improvement to planning/purchasing systems and procedures.
- Source all new items and set them up for purchase in ERP system.
- Prepare and submit quarterly and project-related RFPs
- Oversee and procure outsource materials, as well as provide backup to procurement as needed.
- Responsible for special projects, process/systems improvements, and/or cost savings initiatives as assigned.