Associate Buyer, Fishing Equipment
Application Note: If you select to "Sign in with LinkedIn" , you will be required to also create a candidate home account with Academy Sports + Outdoors. This feature will only pre-populate contact information, job history, education, etc. that you have included on your LinkedIn profile to your Academy Sports + Outdoors job application.
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.Job Description
At least 5 years of related experience.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required.
- Communication - effective listening, speaking, and writing
- Computer - proficient in Excel, Lotus Notes, Word and ability to learn Oracle Retail applications.
- Problem solving
- Strategic planning
Regular attendance required.
- Domestic and international travel required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Negotiates and buys merchandise for assigned categories.
- Helps manage Open to Buy ensuring margins, turns, and profitability are within plan.
- Determines assortment and item life cycles
- Collaborates with planner on merchandise flow
- Gives direction on regular, promotional, and clearance pricing
- Analyzes supplier performance and makes necessary adjustments.
- Analyzes product performance at the store level within assigned category
- Collaborates with Replenishment Analyst on inventory levels and distribution.
- Collaborates with eCom merchandiser regularly on assortment, placement, promotions, and marketing
- Works with Category Manager on ad layouts, item selection, and ad proofing Oversees advertising for assigned categories.
- Analyzes ads and drives change to optimize ad performance.
- Conducts line reviews for assigned categories Initiates Plan-O-Grams.
- Works with stores and distribution center to answer questions, and identifies and resolves issues.
- Searches for new suppliers, categories, and items.
- Shops competition to compare products, pricing, merchandising, etc.
- Manages category management team for their assigned categories
- Negotiate vendor allowances and terms.
- Tours Academy stores.
- Required to learn company safety rules, policies, and procedures.
Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Full timeEqual Employment Opportunity
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by law.