Associate Buyer, Girls, Off-Price - Hybrid
Job Posting Description
The Associate Buyer leads the product selection for an identified product category utilizing customer and trend information to support the merchandise strategies of the division. The Associate Buyer partners with the Buyer and Buy Planner to achieve financial objectives. As a member of the team, the Associate Buyer shares accountability to meet and exceed departmental sales volume, gross margin, and gross-margin-return-on-investment (GMROI) targets.
A day in the life…
- Develop an understanding of the needs, wants and expectations of the customer and understand the differences in how they shop by channel
- Build an understanding of the market and competitors in their category
- Execute a seasonal merchandise strategy in collaboration with Buyer and Buy Planner based on customer, fashion trend, and input from E-commerce Merchandiser and Retail Director that drives growth for stores and online
- Build compelling core and extended assortment to maximize potential across store clusters, new stores, and online
- Influence merchandising vision and product priorities for stores, online merchandising teams, and marketing to drive engagement across all customer touch points
- Communicate customer and product vision to suppliers, identify new suppliers, and negotiate partnership expectations and profit opportunities
- Partner in the execution of NPG strategies, providing current and future assortment feedback where applicable
- Align with buying team on open-to-buy management and plan revisions to achieve financial targets and strategic objective
- Influence and mentor assistants
- Experience as an Assistant Buyer and 1 or more of the following: Assistant Buy Planner, Asst Replenishment Buyer, E-commerce Merchandiser, or Site Merchandiser
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 years retail buying experience
- Minimum 1 years retail planning or allocating experience
- Minimum 2 years retail experience interacting directly with customers preferred
- Nordstrom experience preferred
- Expertise in merchandise category preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment of Nordstrom
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range DetailsThe pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.