ASSOCIATE BUYER - KIDS
Assists the Buyer is responsible for the development and execution of all merchandise stock assortments and promotional plans for assigned departments. Has limited Open-to-buy authority. Works closely with Buyer and Planner Distributor to plan and execute sales gross profit and stock turn plans.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Works under the supervision of a Buyer who retains overall responsibility for managing assigned merchandise categories/lines. The Associate Buyer performs the following duties within limits established by the Buyer. Work is reviewed at key points within the buying/planning process to ensure work meets established objectives.
- Analyzes market trends and offerings to develop and execute merchandise stock assortments, business strategies, and goals for assigned merchandise lines/departments.
- Negotiates with vendors within established limits to obtain the most favorable prices and allowances to achieve sales and profit objectives for essential and advertised merchandise.
- Where required, works with vendors to ensure that all vendor's in-store sales staff is trained, meets all NEX standards, and schedules all necessary and negotiated staffing hours.
- Responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of the Master Stock Assortments (MSA).
- Works with other codes to develop space allocation, adjacencies, and planograms for store sets and renovations.
- Develops and executes advertising plans for assigned departments. Oversees order placement and tracking to ensure timely receipt of merchandise.
- Works with buyers to prepare information tools, training materials, and training seminars for store associates.
- Works closely with the Planner/Distributor to plan annual and seasonal sales, gross profit, and stock turn.
- Works closely with the Planner/Distributor to determine and execute automated replenishment methods.
- May be assigned responsibility for supervising and developing a subordinate staff consisting of Assistant Buyers, Merchandisers, and Pricing Specialists, as appropriate.
- Conducts store visits as appropriate to evaluate merchandise presentation, customer demographics, stock assortments, and inventory levels. Works closely with store management to address and maximize business opportunities.
- Attends trade shows and markets as appropriate.
- Works with Planner/Distributor to determine optimal order size, inventory levels and allocations needed to achieve merchandising and financial goals.
- Analyzes financial performance using tools such as, but not limited to, Data Warehouse and Category Scorecard to ensure established goals are met and take appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Prepares merchandise information manuals, monthly information bulletins, and associate training seminars as appropriate.
- Maintain collaborative partnerships with vendors and internal and external colleagues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works under the close supervision of a Buyer. Operates independently within the authority delegated by the Buyer. Performance is evaluated on operational performance, skill evaluations, customer service, collaboration and teamwork, leadership, and established individual performance objectives.
- Exercises independent judgment and approval in routine and non-routine situations. Consult with the supervisor on such issues as policy matters, deviations from normal procedures, or unusual circumstances.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.
Primary LocationUnited States-Virginia-Virginia Beach
ScheduleFull-Time (35 + hours)
Unposting DateDec 1, 2023, 10:59:00 PM
A total of 5 years of experience, consisting of the following:General Experience: 3 years of experience gained in professional, technical, or other responsible work, which enabled the applicant to gain knowledge of retail practices; demonstrated skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships; the ability to analyze problems and exercise mature judgment.
OR Substitution of education for experience: 1 year of academic study above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4-year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience.
AND Specialized Experience: 2 years of progressively responsible substantive experience, which provided background in:
>Procurement practices, methods, and procedures
>Developing and maintaining open-to-buy
>Selecting sources of supply
>Planning stock assortments
>Review of merchandise for pricing, markdowns, and stock rotation
>Planning and developing sales promotions