Associate Buyer - LidsU
Lids U provides all emblematic apparel, general merchandise, and hard goods for almost 800 Barnes and Noble Education’s college bookstores across North America. Lids U strives for excellence by bringing the highest quality of products, range of assortment and at the best prices possible for each of our partners.
General Position Summary
Work in a fast paced buying and merchandising department for a major specialty retail company. You will participate in all aspects of Buying and Merchandising within the department such as analyzing sales, inventory levels, purchase orders, trends, profitability, competition, and work closely with the your supervisors to make decisions and determine the best direction for the distribution of product within certain categories or departments inside LIDS Retail to maximize the profitability of Lids Sports Group.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide data and analysis for Buyers. Responsible for sales recaps to ensure the buyer(s) is able to maximize the effectiveness of all reporting.
- Management responsibilities that include administering and evaluating individual performance plans and provide proper direction to merchandisers to ensure knowledge, accuracy, efficiency and sound judgment is upheld to maximize the company’s standards and performances.
- Analyze reports with regards to sales, orders, inventory and trends to make accurate and efficient buying and allocation decisions that maximize the company’s profitability.
- Work in tandem with buyer(s) to manage the product performance in order to achieve all financial goals.
- Write purchase orders.
- Review replenishment by store and make proper adjustments to ensure the company is maximizing opportunities and minimizing liabilities.
- Develop strong working relationships among colleagues and vendors.
- Identify and review competition and trends in the marketplace to help reach and exceed financial goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion/Apparel Merchandising or related field
- Have a minimum of two years direct-related retail buying or retail management experience
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, and Internet applications
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, decision making, organizational, interpersonal, and math skills
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encourage feedback, and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Director of Buying
Hat World, Inc., Lids Holdings, Inc., dba Lids and subsidiaries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local EEO laws. Hat World, Inc., prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on the individual's race or color, religion or creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, sex, pregnancy status, age, military status, disability, or any other protected characteristic or class protected by law. Hat World, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.Notice to Applicants:
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future contract positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.Need accessibility assistance to apply?
Applicants who require accessibility assistance to submit an employment application, please email us at email@example.com. A member of our Talent team will respond as soon as reasonably possible. This email address and is only for individuals seeking accommodation when applying for a career at Lids.
Req ID: 15443
Location: Corporate Office