Associate Buyer, Lifestyle
The associate buyer will work directly with the Buyer on all aspects of lifestyle categories including bags, small leather goods, outerwear and lifestyle accessories across the Cole Haan direct-to-consumer (DTC) business, including full price stores, outlet stores and .com. This position with be in charge of both Men’s and Women’s lifestyle business and need to ensure clear strategies for each channel. This position will be responsible for creating smart assortments, working closely with merchandising on product needs, maximizing in season business, managing product storytelling and to drive top line sales and profitability.
- Build the buy strategies during market; product selection and assortment, while managing the sku plan and meeting financial goals.
- Develop and present the seasonal and monthly newness assortment strategy for digital, inline, and outlet stores; participate in pre-season assortment planning to deliver on and exceed financial goals.
- Ensure a comprehensive lifestyle assortment that pairs back with our footwear assortment each season.
- Manage, maintain and coordinate in-season execution of product assortment through visual execution, bundle opportunities, and gifting.
- Hindsight business performance and create recaps that showcase category buying strategies and business results that can be shared with leadership and cross functional teams.
- Partner with merchandising and design to clearly express business needs, opportunities, and strategies to ensure the best assortment possible with both in house assortments as well as our third party vendors.
- Partner with planning regarding overall buy strategy to ensure financial viability and excellence in execution with a focus on allocation and operations.
- Assist in the execution of product priorities and launches across departments including: product merchandising, planning, brand marketing, visual and field teams by balancing priorities, inventory levels, margin preservation with top line sales.
- Strategize on future business opportunities by identifying market trends, developing assortment opportunities and understanding the customer while partnering with product merchandising on development.
- Present seasonal buy strategies to field teams quarterly, create visual presentations to aid in product training.
- Develop methods for analyzing the business and results of previous buying strategies and make tactical adjustments to leverage opportunities for increased profitability.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience in retail buying for a vertical retailer
- Previous experience in accessories/lifestyle buying is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge/experience with retail buying and financial management
- Must be highly organized and have strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Microsoft Office; advanced excel skills
This role is not available to be performed in Colorado