Associate Buyer, Men's
Vince, established in 2002, is a leading global luxury apparel and accessories brand best known for creating elevated yet understated pieces for every day effortless style. Known for its range of contemporary products, Vince offers women’s and men’s ready-to-wear, footwear and accessories.
TitleAssociate Buyer, Men's
Salary RangeThe anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,000 to $115,000 annually. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location.
LocationNew York, NY
Reporting StructureThe Associate Buyer, Men's reports directly to the Director, Buying.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Responsible for all aspects of men’s buying process for Vince Full Price Retail Stores, Ecommerce and Outlet.
- Direct responsibility and accountability for purchasing decisions and financial results for Men’s area.
- Develop pre-market analysis by class, region, and store. Execute Seasonal buys based on findings.
- Identify and react to in season business to achieve sales.
- Collaborate with Visual and Marketing team to ensure buy direction and key investments translate to customer.
- Collaborate with Wholesale to set and follow promotional strategies.
- Develop strong relationship with eCommerce and Retail fleet teams to understand the nuances of each channel and react to developing needs.
- Manage all operational responsibilities of your business (i.e. order entry, style setup, selling recaps). Provide concise and detailed recaps of product opportunities on weekly basis.
- Recommend growth opportunities and key item strategies for your area of ownership.
- Conduct Product knowledge training sessions to store and corporate teams on seasonal basis.
- Identify recut opportunities and partner with Merchandising to execute.
- Business Acumen
- Operates With Autonomy
- Elevated Communicator
- Solution Oriented
- 3-5 years of retail buying experience.
- Multi-store brand experience with understanding of regional markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a comfort level with public speaking.
- Exceptional computer skills including complete proficiency with Excel and all relevant functions.
- Proficiency with Retail math. Ability to readily work with data, extract results, and communicate findings.
- Exhibits high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy.
- Result-oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Competitive Paid Time Off, minimum vacation starts at 3 weeks annually
- Elective Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance effective the 1 st of the month following your 30 th day
- Monthly data/phone stipend for eligible roles
- Clothing Allowance & Merchandise Discounts
- Up to $600 Annual Gym Reimbursement
- A variety of mental health support tools and programs
- 401(k) auto-enrollment with employer match (traditional and/or Roth)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and/or Health Savings Account (HSA)
- A minimum of 12-weeks fully paid parental leave after 1 year of service
- Supplemental coverage for infertility treatments
- Employer-paid Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Discounted Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance, Legal Insurance
- And more..