Associate Buyer - Men's Casual Shoes
Bloomingdale’s makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job OverviewThe Associate Buyer, you will elevate Bloomingdale’s competitive position by buying merchandise to drive sales and profitability across store and online for an assigned area of business. You will work closely with existing vendors to curate a distinguished Bloomingdale's assortment, as well as seek out new and differentiating vendors to satisfy our customer demand. The Buyer will focus on achieving sales, gross margin, and turn over objectives in your assigned area of the business. You will develop and implement strategies by vendor, collaborating with Planning to analyze and respond to sales trends.
- Set the vision for product category and determine in-season reaction to product performance; leverage analysis to determine quantity, styles, and reorder
- Strategically plan, manage, and control inventory inclusive of the Rolling Operating Forecast (ROF) to optimize sales and margin
- Recommend major brand and classification strategies, prepare and present style-out to Divisional Merchandise Manager
- Negotiate with vendors for collection of Return or Vendor (RTV) and Mark Down Dollar Allowance (MDA) money
- Responsible for execution and reconciliation of order/item creation and maintenance/ shipping management
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required