Associate Buyer, Sleep, Lingerie, Swim
Forever 21 is a fashion industry leader making the latest trends accessible to all while inspiring unique style and confidence. With a renewed focus on the customer experience, the brand offers high style designs and fashion basics with compelling values and a dynamic store environment. While driving innovation across e-commerce and digital to expand access and convenience, the brand continues to strengthen its positioning as today’s preferred destination for the fashionable consumer. Forever 21 is located in more than 540 locations globally and online, and we’re seeking passionate and creative people to join our Forever family.
Under the general direction of the Sr. Buyer, Buying Manager or DMM, the Associate Buyer will use discretion and independent judgement in procuring merchandise assortments for a particular assigned portion of the business, maintaining an open-to-buy that is specifically focused on a certain category or categories. The Associate Buyer will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix based on emerging market trends, along with meeting the assortment strategies established by management.
- Analyze selling and inventory reports on a weekly basis in order to maintain a solid understanding of the business
- Learn the department’s merchandising strategy to assort a product line that accurately represents the brand
- Participate in weekly open-to-buy meetings with Planning & Allocation and provide technical feedback and analysis to ensure the department achieves financial targets for turn and sell-through goals
- Procure samples from vendors and in-house designers for style out reviews
- Participate in fittings to evaluate the hanger appeal of a garment, making sure that it is salable
- Negotiate product quality, purchase quantity, landed cost, and delivery with vendors
- Coordinate both internally and externally to ensure that all production requirements are met
- Ensure accurate submission of related forms: testing forms, packing instructions, certificate of compliance, etc.
- Maintain library of best-selling styles, materials, and colors; update and maintain on-order spreadsheets and boards
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must have aBFA or related degree
- Must have 2-3 years of buying experience in a specialty retail environment
- Must have a strong desire to work in the fashion industry and demonstrate the ability to identify fashion trends
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required