Associate Buyer - Women's Running Footwear
22000HLFDescriptionOUR COMPANY IS GROWING AND SO IS OUR TEAM. PLEASE NOTE: THIS ROLE IS LOCATED IN PITTSBURGH, PA (RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED).
Develop Category Assortments
- Develop and manage merchandise assortments for subcategory of product, in partnership with the buyer. Ensure the assortment meets the consumer’s needs and the brand vision.
- Collaborate with business partners in Planning and Allocations to review financial plans and ensure alignment between financial expectations and assortment.
- Participate in negotiations with existing and new vendors. This includes securing the terms of vendor contracts, pricing and setting expectations for the partnership. Partner with the Buyer on approach and management of the relationship.
- Analyze economic, financial, market, competitive/noncompetitive and industry data to assess current business strategies or identify future business opportunities. Speak to trends, by translating opportunity into actionable assortment, pricing and experience decisions. Gain alignment with the Buyer.
- Present pre-season line review to leaders up to Chief Merchant. Demonstrate expertise in product category and financial expectations.
Manage In-Season Business
- Work closely with Planning and AR on shifts in business trajectory. Leverage performance indicators and open to buy position throughout the season to chase opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Assess opportunities and react to trends within the business, including identifying the underlying cause. This includes updates to advertising, pricing, assortment needs and digital strategies.
Execute Operational Needs of the Category
- Deliver accurate execution of the tasks associated with new line delivery (style setup/creation, PO writing, etc.)
- Review and analyze department reporting. Based on analysis, provide action plan to management for buy-in. Once approved, execute the plan accordingly
- Own the execution of the advertising strategy from Promo Planning activities to ad proof accuracy
Develop Effective Partnerships
- Build strategic relationships with vendors and cross functional partners and Directors to discuss the business overall, recent trends, etc. Leverage vendor relationships to gain knowledge and data as it pertains to product category.
- Participate in market trips to stores to assess and monitor performance and customer satisfaction. Seek to gain insights from field leadership and employees.
- Ensure accurate and timely communication with the Visual team on upcoming Gameplans to gain alignment with category strategy. This includes offering product placement recommendations and communicating adjustments
Develop Self and Others
- Train and mentor new hires by sharing experience, knowledge and best practices.
- Establish best practices across the larger team to drive productivity and efficiencies. Participate in and act as a representative for the Buying office on cross-functional projects and focus groups as needed. Ensure the intricacies of product category are integrated in system, process and reporting enhancements
- Act as mentor or coach to Assistant Buyers or Merch Admins within team. Share feedback on projects, tasks and deliverables.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Merchandising or related field Or equivalent retail experience
3-5 Years of experience with preferred experience as an Assistant Buyer