Associate Buyer, Youth Apparel
- Assortment Selection: Develops strategic direction for the assortment including key items, big ideas, growth areas, and category/brand mix with omni-channel in mind. Identifies and on boards new brands. Keeps assortment fresh and leading within the industry.
- Business Management: Owns revenue, margin, inventory, receipt flow, and in-stocks levels for business managed. Develops and executes strategies to drive the business.
- Inventory Management: Helps manage the Open to Buy (OTB), hind sighting SKU/Category performance, establishes Preseason PO Receipt Flow, Preseason inventory allocation, set in season sell-through targets, manages Return to Vendor (RTV) and mark-down dollar requests with vendor, and ensures inventory management strategy aligned with Companywide financial goals.
- Vendor Negotiations: Negotiates terms, pricing policies, promotional periods, siting strategy, etc. Represents Backcountry in vendor meetings.
- 2-3 years of Merchandising experience, youth merchandising a plus
- Outstanding time management skills: ability to meet deadlines and exercise judgement under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Clear ability to communicate business results, must be solution-oriented
- Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, parental leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.