Associate CAD Technical Designer
In this role you will be using Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and Rapid Prototyping (RP) skills. This position assists in the creation, drafting, development and fabrication of prototypes, models, tooling, and samples of assigned new products while considering provided design specifications at a basic to intermediate level within the James Avery Product Development team. Communicates effectively cross functionally with the development of assigned products in order to meet “On Time” delivery of projects and critical developmental stages for product release.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Utilizes multiple 3-D CAD modeling technologies to draft new product geometry, conceptual support tooling, supporting specification sheets, and CAD required for rapid prototyping.
- Utilize CAD 3-D modeling technology to reverse engineer with consideration of all form, fit, and function.
- Utilize and operate 3-D printing and milling equipment for generation of prototypes, models, and proof of concept tooling.
- Demonstrate strong project and time management skills in a highly fluid and collaborative environment.
- Review technical design drawings of new products and to develop aesthetic judgment.
- Operate cross functionally to research and develop new technology and jewelry manufacturing methods to support new and existing products while paying specific attention to manufacturability, product quality, and consumer reliability.
- Record inspection criteria of gems, components, and findings. Ability to analyze results against specifications and publish reports.
- Utilize principals of Lean Manufacturing along with Six Sigma tools for developing and evaluating new products. Utilize DMAIC and data analysis tools to document and improve existing processes, with considerations for capacity planning, workflow, and rejection/rework rate.
- Ability to compile all Bills of Materials and costs for prototypes.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Associate’s Degree in Technical/Industrial Design, Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Technology or Jewelry Arts; or equivalent combination education/experience OR Minimum 1 year certificate from college/technical school and a minimum of 1 year related experience and/or training.
- Demonstrated experience in three-dimensional conceptual modeling skills, and interpretation of physical and electronic renderings of products and tools, dies, and fixtures.
- Ability to draft designs utilizing CAD Software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications at an advanced level. Experience in Excel data sorting, analysis, formulas, and spreadsheet design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of jewelry manufacturing procedures and processes, project management experience and Product Launch experience.
- Previous experience utilizing Rhino, Solidworks, Matrix and zBrush.
- Lean Six Sigma training, Green Belt or Black Belt.