Associate Concept Designer
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.About The Role
In this role, you will work in an energizing, inclusive, and creative environment focused on concepting and creating sustainable product that exceeds customers' expectations. Your goal is to partner with cross functional team members who collectively are responsible for ensuring that the product style, fit, and quality are more than worth the price for our customers. Responsibilities include participating in the conceptual development of the product line and ensuring product is consistent with market trends and brand strategies. Must lean into risk taking and be customer curious!
What You'll Do
- Support Sr Director of Concept with conceptual process from beginning of season to end of season: bringing new ideas while ensuring alignment on priorities and direction.
- Assist with developing print/pattern direction, color direction (helping create seasonal color palettes), big fabric ideas & silhouette direction
- Constant research, pulling inspiration, reviewing trend from all sources: runway, shopping, online, social media, magazines, shows/events for inspiration and opportunities in product assortment and storytelling.
- Identify key trends and identify how they relate/translate to the Gap customer/Gap product
- Help drive ideas on how macro factors will influence our seasonal concepts. Translate these macro ideas into storytelling that ultimately delivers tasteful, commercial, and brand relevant and inspiring product.
- Collaborative attitude that proactively engages with cross-functional team members to achieve best results.
- Work efficiently, driven by aesthetic to deliver a quarterly seasonal concept deck with impactful visuals and creative storytelling
Who You Are
- Product Obsessed
- 2-4 years design/concept experience within a corporate brand preferred, but not required.
- Understanding of big picture conceptual design within specific brand parameters.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop,
- Highly organized and detail oriented with clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Highly adaptable personality that can thrive with fluidity and ease in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills along with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Good and effective presentation skills both when creating 2D visuals or delivering 3D presentations.
- Strong sense of style, color, and overall visual presentation.
- Knowledge and passion for male apparel design and product
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.US Candidates – Non NYC
Please note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.US Candidates – NYC
Beginning December 27, 2021 the City of New York requires all employees in the City who work on site to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an exemption from the vaccine requirement is approved due to an accommodation for a disability, a sincerely held religious belief or other legally protected basis (including status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses).